Sleepless

Sleep and I are just not getting along recently. I'm tired as all get out in the morning and when I get home from the ol' Labor Mines, but when it comes time to actually sleep I either end up staying up (as tonight) or sleep a bit and wake up for a 3 to 5 am perusal across the interwebs.

Part of me doesn't mind the time to myself, but I'd sure like to feel well rested instead of ragged. I have an action plan for getting well rested, but can't seem to implement it all the way. For the most part , I've cut out caffeine after 4, but other elements are more elusive.

I will say that the last few hours of Not Sleeping did allow me to read through Maddy Gaiman's (tween daughter of Neil) highly entertaining account of her and her father's visit to the Budapest set of Hellboy 2. Very fun stuff (and not only because I didn't even know there was a Hellboy 2 in the works).

Her reference to traipsing about with Doug Jones (aka Abe Sapien) sent me on a little imdb search only to uncover that Thespian Jones also played both the Faun (aka Pan) and the truly terrifying Pale Man in Pan's Labyrinth, as well as the Lead Gentleman in the oh-so-great Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode Hush.



He does seem top have cornered the market on creepy body language with lots of makeup, no? Oh, and he's also the Silver Surfer.

I think he may be my favorite person ever, now that I think about it.

No comments: